It’s that time of year again! Freshers’ week is around the corner and we’re getting serious back to school vibes. You could be a wise old final year student or a fresh-faced first year but moving into a new place is always a little daunting. Luckily, whether it’s halls or a house share, Crown Point has everything you need to make your new digs feel like home.
Sure, there’ll be weeks where you live almost entirely on hash browns – but sometimes you might want to whip up something with more than one food group in it. Pasta is a student staple; it’s cheap, you can put pretty much anything in it, and eat it out of a big comforting bowl, like this one from George Home at Asda.
- 20 Piece Kitchen Essentials Starter Set, Argos, £22
- George Home Botanical Embossed Pasta Bowls, Asda, £7
- Argos Home Set of 4 Time for a Brew Mugs, Argos, £13
A Good Night’s Sleep
A decent sleep is the key to surviving Freshers’ week. It cures hangovers, headaches and so much more. Your bed might double up as a desk or even a dinner table, so it’s important to make it as comfy as possible! Start with a good mattress protector and work your way up.
- Multi Spot Geo Bed Set, Next, £18
- Pom-pom Cushion, Asda, £5
- Slumberdown Clean Guard Mattress Protector – Single, Argos, £13
You might be sharing your living space with other students, but you can still add a few personal touches to make it feel more welcoming. Rugs make a room instantly warmer, scented candles are a good way of hiding the smell of last night’s kebab, and fairy lights create instant cosy.
- Argos Home Dotty Rug, Argos, £50
- Ceramic Cactus-shaped Candle Burner, Asda, £7
- Pineapple-shaped String Lights, Asda, £6
It’s amazing how much reliable technology can affect your mood (and your grades). If your laptop has seen better days, it’s worth investing in an upgrade before your assignments get lost in the void! An E-Reader could save you from lugging all your books around with you, and wireless headphones will help you block out those throat-clearers in the library.